My Top 10 Posts in May:
1. What kind of worship service do you have? – Defining worship by style or substance.
2. Encounter or Entertainment? (pt. I) – How do we keep our worship focused on a transformative encounter with God, not comfortable entertainment?
3. The Modern Pastor – Sent or Called? – What if pastors aren’t supposed to be sent or called?
4. Family Worship – A model for worshiping at home as a family.
5. The best children’s ministry in town… – Why what you’re doing in the living room is far more important than what’s happening in the church’s children’s wing.
6. The Personal Test: In it for the money? – How do you know you’re not taking the next job opening for the money?
7. Why the American UMC is Dying a (Somewhat) Slow Death, and Concerned Leaders’ Best Response (pt. I) – A disappointing story that illustrates one of the causes of the American UMC’s decline.
8. Why the American UMC is Dying… (pt. II) – Hope, encouragement, and a challenge to leaders amidst despair and decline.
9. Encounter or Entertainment (pt. II): Worship and Wounds – Why we shouldn’t stray from experiencing or inflicting some wounds in worship, and how we might do that.
10. Grace to you and Peace – Pointing a way forward with an attitude of grace and peace.
Thanks for all of your comments, shares, tweets, and kind words.